DMS Concert Review – by Kenny
- What is your name?
- What is your role in the choir/What section do you sing in?
My role in the choir is sectional head. I’m section leader for tenors/Bases.
- How long have you been a member?
5 years now. Wow, how time flies!
- What’s your favourite song?
Ah, now that’s a tough one? When you sing in a choir you don’t just have one favourite. However, if I had to choose one and I don’t think my Son would be pleased if I didn’t agree then it would have to be Let Praises Rise.
- What has been your most memorable experience with the choir to date?
That’s easy. Portugal.
- What do you enjoy most about being part of THGC?
What I enjoy most is that it brings us all together. We’re like one big family. Singing is my medicine. No matter what you might be experiencing in life be it pain, grief, joy or sadness, you still have the peace of mind and comfort in knowing that you have your brothers and sisters to rely on if in need of a shoulder to cry on, or just simply someone to talk to and pray with. It gives you an escape from the everyday madness life throws at you. Seeing how far we’ve come and the opportunities it’s created for us is a great achievement. We have Col our director and of course each other to thank for that.
- If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you take, and why?
1. A knife of some sort i.e. a penknife because without one it’d be difficult to chop or make things with. I used to be a boy scout so these small things come in handy.
2. Sun cream because I’m quite fair skinned and i can hear my Mum telling me how important it is to cover up and take care of your skin.
3. Sunglasses, well, because I just don’t do sun without them! I get headaches and become all agitated as people know from the tours we’ve been on. Might as well make the most of the time spent on the desert island (haha)!
- If you could take 3 people with you on this desert island, who would they be and why?
It would have to be my Son, Partner, and Mum. Because it doesn’t matter where I am, I could be anywhere in the world with nothing, but so long as I have those 3 people in my life I’ve got all that I ever need. He would keep me entertained somehow.
- Complete this sentence: I’m happiest when….
Being on stage performing and hearing the beautiful sounds and harmonies we create is such a buzz. Seeing the audiences reaction