Hi everyone, happy 2017.
We’re a quarter of the way through the year already, wow!!! It feels as though it was just last week that we had the privilege of performing on stage at our ‘sold out’ Family Christmas Concert in Birmingham Town Hall. To everyone who attended, and indeed to those who have supported us at events throughout the years, thank you very much. We appreciate the unwavering support of our longstanding followers, and warmly welcome those who were seeing us for the first time. We sincerely hope you will remain part of our very blended family for a long time to come; there is no us without you.
2017 promises to be an eventful year for Town Hall Gospel Choir, with a varied and exciting schedule already unfolding before us. Once again, we will be travelling the length and breadth of the country to bring our unique sound and energy to concert halls, festivals and wedding banquets. We will be presenting some of the ‘old favourites’ from our repertoire, and introducing some new material; every song however will be delivered with that inimitable THGC twist.
With collaboration projects and recording projects also on the cards, the best is certainly yet to come so we will keep you updated throughout the year. Ps, don’t forget to like us on Facebook.
See you out there.
Chairperson Town Hall Gospel Choir
- What is your name?
- What is your role in the choir/What section do you sing in?
I am Chair of Town Hall Gospel choir and a member of the alto section.
- How long have you been a member?
I joined the choir in December 2010.
- What’s your favourite song?
She’s Royal – Taurus Riley (my theme tune).
- What has been your most memorable experience with the choir to date?
I have 2; is that cheating?
1. Our first performance of the song Jesus Paid It All. This was on stage at the Town Hall for the inaugural Songs of Praise Gospel Choir of the Year competition, which we won. The audience’s response to that performance was incredible; it felt like a tsunami as the place erupted with applause, cheers and admiration. The best feeling ever!
2. Our first trip to Paris together; it was our first overseas trip, we travelled well together, and had so much fun. We met so many interesting people from across the globe, and the trip opened up so many other amazing opportunities for us.
- What do you enjoy most about being part of THGC?
There’s such a variety of characters and personalities within the choir; when we are all together, there’s such a warm family vibe and energy. We have so much fun when travelling to, and taking part in events, and we also sound great when we sing, presenting our unique gospel sound.
- If you were stranded on a dessert island what 3 things would you take, and why?
1. My contact lenses; not being able to see properly would make everything else so much more difficult for me, and no fun at all.
2. Something to light a fire with; keep the cold and the critters at bay.
3. My Kindle; that way I get to have my Bible, my music and my puzzles all in one package. (Yes, of course there’s electricity on dessert islands).
- If you could take 3 people with you on this desert island, who would they be and why?
1. Jesse Williams aka Jackson Avery (Grey’s Anatomy). Need I say more?? Can’t go wrong with a doctor in tow, can you?
2. James Martin; well someone will have to do the cooking.
3. My home-girl Marcia; she’s a great travel companion.
- Complete this sentence: I’m happiest when….
I wake up and realize it’s not a school day. Yay!!!